No. 15 – Fall 2013
A special feature on native plants, celebrating their beauty and benefits, inspires issue No. 15 of Garden Making.
“Articles by Belinda Gallagher and Lorraine Johnson offer a clear understanding and appreciation of the role native plants can have in our home gardens,” says Editor-in-Chief Beckie Fox.
In addition to the feature on native plants, there’s:
- Echinaceas: New colours, new forms
- Mid-size maples
- Best Japanese barberries
- Culinary sage picks
- Late-season lettuces
Design and Techniques
- How to refresh your summer pots
- Bulb-planning tips
- How to make hardwood cuttings
- Choosing a leaf shredder
- Diversity in a Calgary garden
- All in a year’s work in an Ottawa garden
Published August 2013.